[HOT] H.O.T OSM manual and learning OSM in Uganda

Daniel Oefele oefele at googlemail.com
Tue Dec 13 10:49:10 GMT 2011

Hi Douglas.

The links look good. I am working in Kupang, East Indonesia and also
training people (government, NGOs, students) how to use OSM and JOSM.
Postlach is for us not an option - internet access is not fast and stable
enough. We are working with the HOT training material as well (in Bahasa
Indonesia). What is missing so far are some slides for a introduction - do
you have some power points you want to share? I usually start the training
with some of the videos from http://geospatialrevolution.psu.edu/

What could be interessting for you is the Tasking Manager (probably you know
it already) to avoid overlapping edits on your mapping days. We have a task
for Kupang (http://tasks.hotosm.org/job/5) and its really impressiv to see
how many different people are  mapping here even though its not a desaster
area.

Happy mapping

Daniel