[HOT] H.O.T OSM manual and learning OSM in Uganda

Joseph Reeves iknowjoseph at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 20:42:26 GMT 2011

"A gate is a section in a
wall<https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:barrier%3Dwall>or
fence <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:barrier%3Dfence> which can
be opened to allow or restrict access. They are usually made of wood or
metal."

Looks fine to me. Perhaps the gate could be tagged as allowing /
restricting access to foot traffic only? Would just be a case of adding a
couple more tags. I don't see where the confusion comes from. if anything,
it's the wiki and it's fiddlers that are out of sync here.

Douglas, thanks for the links to the work you're doing - it looks
fantastic. Congratulations on fostering such a productive community.
Hopefully some Potlatch2 documentation will be available shortly as it
remains a legitimate and powerful editing tool that provides a low barrier
of entry. Is there anything that you've been teaching people that could be
placed in Google documents or similar? We could have a look at working on
something and submitting it to the existing OSM documentation.

All best, Joseph