[HOT] remapping Haiti (was: License Change View on OSM Inspector)

maning sambale emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 02:09:58 GMT 2011

Hi,

I'm sure some of you have seen the License Change Map from Geofabrik.
Given the planned license change over and the License Change map, it
seems inevitable that we will lose some data.  We expect a similar
situation in the Philippines, but I'm confident we can fix many of
them in due time.

I'm writing to the hot list to express my concern over Haiti [0 & 1].
It looks like we have a lot to loose around this region.  I am aware
that we have an excellent local community (COMSHA) in Haiti, can they
sustain the eventual remapping effort?  Can we help?  Are the imagery
still available?

Should I be worried at all? :)

[0] http://tools.geofabrik.de/osmi/?view=wtfe&lon=-72.36988&lat=18.46945&zoom=10&overlays=overview,wtfe_point_harmless,wtfe_line_harmless,wtfe_point_modified,wtfe_line_modified_cp,wtfe_line_modified,wtfe_point_created,wtfe_line_created_cp,wtfe_line_created
[1] http://odbl.de/haiti-and-domrep.html