[HOT] remapping Haiti (was: License Change View on OSM Inspector)

Kate Chapman kate at maploser.com
Wed Dec 14 02:51:57 GMT 2011

Hi Maning,

Yes we should be worried.  What is annoying in this specific case is
the basic information was traced almost 2 years ago from satellite
information.  Since then these features have been surveyed on the
ground with GPS and Walking Papers.  So none of the attributes are
from the original survey.

So I'm not sure if it would be possible to recreate the geometries and
then add the attributes.  There is good metadata stating where the
attributes came from as well as the full editing history.  I think
ideally we would want to think about making this a less manual
process.

-Kate