[HOT] Suggestions for Helicopter-based Imagery

george chamales george at konpagroup.com
Thu Feb 10 14:17:13 GMT 2011

Thanks for the great information guys.

Some more information and a few questions regarding the process:
* Location is IDP camps in Haiti. Greetings from Port Au Prince
* Camera is a Powershot G12 no secondary lenses and Canon SD 600
* Helicopter operator may also have cameras, I'm checking in with them
on what kinds
* We have the ability to get ground reference points (GCP)

Questions:
* Are there any general rules for relating megapixels / aspect ratio
to altitude for getting good pictures?
* If we have GCPs, do we need to have gps coords for each picture?
* What's the minimum number of GCPs we need?
* Are there any best practices for collecting GCPs?
* What programs should we be looking at to do orthorectification and
is there another mailing list that's filled with orthorectification
ninjas who would love to help out?

Thanks for the info,
george