[HOT] Christchurch earthquake - what can on the ground OSM mappers do?

Robin Paulson robin.paulson at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 22:30:32 GMT 2011

hi hot team,
i'm an NZ-based osm mapper, maintainer of openstreetmap.org.nz and
organiser of OSM Auckland. i saw the posts this morning on our local
OSM list regarding the earthquake in christchurch.

what, if anything, can we as OSM mappers in NZ do to assist HOT? i've
not been involved with HOT before, so any suggestions of how we can
help are welcome.

OSM auckland has it's first meet tomorrow, so there is a captive
audience should human resources be required

--
robin

http://tangleball.org.nz/ - Auckland's Creative Space
http://openstreetmap.org.nz/ - Open Street Map New Zealand