[HOT] Fwd: [CrisisMappers] Christchurch Earthquake data on Koordinates

Jean-Guilhem Cailton jgc at arkemie.com
Fri Feb 25 21:21:32 GMT 2011

-------- Message original --------
Sujet: 	[CrisisMappers] Christchurch Earthquake data on Koordinates
Date : 	Sat, 26 Feb 2011 10:14:23 +1300
De : 	Gavin Treadgold <gt at kestrel.co.nz>
Répondre à : 	crisismappers at googlegroups.com
Pour : 	crisismappers at googlegroups.com

Hi all,

One of my projects for the past 36 hours or so has been arranging for the public release of Christchurch City Council baseline data, and emergency data for other agencies and individuals to utilise.

Yesterday I was able to get signoff to release this data under CC-BY as supported by
New Zealand Government Open Access and Licensing (NZGOAL) framework.

NZ GOAL
<http://www.e.govt.nz/policy/nzgoal>

This data is now available for download from koordinates.com.

Baseline Christchurch City Council data is available here
<http://koordinates.com/#/maps/christchurch-city-council/>

Christchurch Earthquake 2011 data
<http://koordinates.com/#/maps/christchurch-earthquake-2011/>

Collection of latest Christchurch Earthquake 2011 datasets
<http://koordinates.com/#/collection/2-christchurch-earthquake-layers-latest/>

I've just added the first release of the rapid building damage assessment data - there will be thousands more point coming each day, so this set might be interesting to play with and visualise. Please let me know of any map products you produce with this data - I'd love to share it with the others here doing the hard work!

Cheers Gav

--
Gavin Treadgold – Director
gt at kestrel.co.nz – M +64 21 679335