[HOT] HOT Activation in response to Floods in Brazil

Jean-Guilhem Cailton jgc at arkemie.com
Fri Jan 14 17:32:57 GMT 2011

For post-disaster imagery, I think the whole AOI is relevant, since we
have no imagery at all now. (Modis could be available, but 250 m
resolution doesn't look very useful for mapping).
A need would be, for example, to map blocked roads.
(But i hear that it is still raining over the area, so there might be
clouds).

For pre-disaster, there are already ways showing coverage, it seems. It
might just be a matter of creating a relation. (not counting the overly
cloudy CBERS over Teresopolis - was just better than nothing). Going to
work on georeferencing another one, hopefully covering Nova Friburgo.

Jean-Guilhem