[HOT] HOT Activation in response to Floods in Brazil

nicolas chavent nicolas.chavent at gmail.com
Fri Jan 14 21:59:05 GMT 2011

Jean Guilhem

Tx 4 following on this:

Always a good thing to have post dis imagery for sure, but always coming a
couple of days/ weeks after occurence of disaster, hard to get and cloudy
weather is not helping. Since it's easier to get pre-disaster data, this is
where the focus should be pre disaster. By reading situation reports on the
ground, it's still possible to locate approximatively main bottlenecks which
will be useful for coordination mapping at small scale (Ex of product are
concept of operations or road conditions maps from the UN LogCluster -
search their website for details).

Glad that you start this work on an imagery layer, key in any contact with
responders is to have a shapefile version of the imagery coverage of AOI.

Ciao
Nicolas

Email: nicolas.chavent at gmail.com
Skype: c_nicolas