[HOT] Japan - Request for mission details

Peter Wendorff wendorff at uni-paderborn.de
Mon Mar 14 11:16:05 GMT 2011

Hi.
Nevertheless the questions Matthias asked are right.
There is this HOT Data Model - but that model is not really good for
interested mappers.
Perhaps it's useful for organizations using the data, but I miss a
landing page in the wiki for "tags often used in crisis mapping".
The "standard" tags are (I hope) the usual ones, but the tags in
question are repeatingly the same:
- how to tag a collapsed building?
- how to tag a collapsed bridge?
- how to tag a temporary bridge build by helping organizations?
- how to tag a place where drinking water is availlable?
- how to tag a place where "lost+found people" are listed?
- (how) is it possible to state pre- and post crisis sources?

And last but not least: where and why does the tagging differ from
standard tagging in OSM?

As far as I can see yet, HOT targets mainly at the "backend",
organization of aerial photographs and data sources - and trying to
support organizations using the data. I miss the mapper as a target, yet.

regards
Peter