[HOT] Japan - Request for mission details

Jonas K. jonasxk at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 14 13:04:14 GMT 2011

Am 14.03.2011 um 09:50 schrieb Matthias Meißer:

> Coordination by tools like Qualitystreetmap.org?

I've contacted the maintainer and he's right now working on making it available for the whole world. He estimates that it should be available in a couple of hours.

> Some say the post imagery has bad resolution, will there be better ones? How about a petition of mappers to claim high res material by the companies?

I think it would be a good idea to document somewhere who is already talking to which imagery providers – I would propose a spreadsheet or a table in the wiki.
Kate seems to be in contact with DG and Nicolas said that Spot imagery should be made available through the Charter. Will we get access to this automatically then or do we need to setup anything in order to make that work (I'm not familiar with the usual activation protocol for the Charter)?
Is anyone already in contact with Geoeye/Google?

My understanding is, that it's best if someone of HOT/the OSM community is talking to the imagery providers directly at first (ideally only one person) and tries to answer any of their concerns and questions they might have about making imagery available for the OSM community. I don't think public pressure with a petition is helpful or at least should be the last option, but correct me if I'm wrong.

Cheers,
Jonas

http://twitter.com/jokru