[HOT] Helping Japan by tracing

Emilie Laffray emilie.laffray at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 20:50:34 GMT 2011

Hello,

the coastline in Japan is coming from the Japanese governement and tends to
be pretty good. It is the reason why they are both natural=coastline and
boundary=administrative.
MLIT is one of the Japanese ministries which has tons of open Data. Some of
the data can be pretty old some can be pretty recent. I suspect you can
alter them if you feel that the imagery represents the ground truth, but be
aware that some of those forests are huge.

Emilie Laffray