[HOT] academic node

nicolas chavent nicolas.chavent at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 09:54:04 GMT 2011

Sam

Thanks for sharing this. This adds to the long relationship built up with
MapAction by some of us prior the creation of HOT. Asides of a continuous
dialogue, the joint deploy to Haiti in March 2010, Jerry and Nick from
OSM-UK attended one of their Simulation Exercise and without Japan we would
have welcomed some of their folks in Beg Meil (France) for the Humanitarian
Mapping Party this WE.

Would be great to develop from the series of HOT Field Guides, training
frameworks, support materials for HOT lectures in Academic materials that
could feed in MA capacity building package with the view of having them
working as closely as possible with/within OSM in their preparation and on
the ground work.:
* their Guides; discussion on-going
* their Course; dicsusion to be started
* their exercises; on-going

Next steps there will be joint review of the next release of our guides and
other relevant materials and identification of the blocks relevant to feed
such a course

Ciao
Nicolas

Email: nicolas.chavent at gmail.com