[HOT] Flooding in Richelieu River, Quebec, Canada

=?us-ascii?B?UGllcnJlIELpbGFuZA==?= infosbelas-gps at yahoo.fr
Wed May 11 14:56:52 BST 2011

There are 3,000 houses presently affected by flooding of the Richelieu River in Quebec, Canada.  The water has raised less than 2 meters but portions up to a kilometer along the river have been flooded. Urban and rural areas are flooded. The water level moves down very slowly (4cm per day).
See Map http://www.cyberpresse.ca/actualites/quebec-canada/national/inondations-en-monteregie/?utm_categorieinterne=trafficdrivers&utm_contenuinterne=cyberpresse_B17_carte_1509819_section_POS1

I don't think that we should create a page for it on Hot.  Personnaly, I live in one of the cities concerned and concentrated my efforts in developping a <<Crisis site>> wich objective is to seek people ready to help. I work in collaboration with Help organisations and cities.
See site in french : http://solidarite-inondation-richelieu-2011.blogspot.com/
Translation Solidarity, Richelieu river flooding.

regards
Pierre Béland