[HOT] I'm off on a MapAction training weekend

Harry Wood mail at harrywood.co.uk
Tue Nov 15 12:15:09 GMT 2011

I'll be packing my sleeping bag and tent and heading to a MapAction training weekend this coming weekend.

I'll be learning a fair bit I imagine. MapAction works with old school GIS tools, which I'd like to learn more about. Also I'll be learning about working in disaster zones (I think that's where the tent comes in)  I shall try to take notes and feed back on some of this.

The MapAction guys warned me that it will probably be too busy and
hectic to get much chance to talk to them about OpenStreetMap
possibilities, but that's a discussion they would like to have, perhaps
at a later meeting.  Even so, if I'm there all weekend I'm sure there
will be some chance, and they did suggest I could give a brief
presentation (to MapAction and to their trainees) about what's happening
 with HOT.

I'll let you all know how it goes!

Harry Wood