[HOT] Simulation in Samoa

Kate Chapman kate at maploser.com
Fri Nov 25 04:43:43 GMT 2011

Hi All,

Nicolas and I were at meetings in Geneva last week.  (Yes we owe you
guys a much bigger write-up than that and will provide soon)

One of the meetings was about using space based information and
crowd-sourcing hosted by UNOSAT.  This was the second of such
meetings, one of the ideas that came out of the first meeting was to
do a simulation.  The plan is on the weekend of December 3rd to do a
simulation around a cyclone hitting Samoa.  I think HOT should be
involved in this.  There is good satellite imagery over Samoa and
people on the ground are participating in the simulation.  We have
also discussed with GISCorps the potential of working together on
this.

Is anyone interested in joining?  Also if someone could lead this
effort that would be wonderful.  I'm most likely going to be on an
island in Indonesia with minimal Internet so it will be difficult for
me.  I can help you get set-up with the others involved and further
coordination leading up to the event though.

Best,

-Kate