[HOT] Humanitary vs Evangelist

Kate Chapman kate at maploser.com
Sun Nov 27 16:11:48 GMT 2011

Hi Frans,

The Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team does things related to disaster
response or disaster risk reduction.  For example after the earthquake
in Haiti in 2010 we helped teach people how to use and contribute to
OpenStreetMap.  So using OSM to respond to humanitarian crisis
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humanitarian_crisis).

Regular evangelism is something HOT participate in but so does a lot
of the OpenStreetMap community.

Best,

-Kate