[HOT] Fwd: 2011-10-23 10:41:21 (M 7.3) EASTERN TURKEY 38.6 43.5 (378fb)

Jean-Guilhem Cailton jgc at arkemie.com
Mon Oct 24 08:36:00 BST 2011

Hi Maning,

If I remember correctly, Bing imagery had a slight offset relative to
the streets that were present before yesterday. So it is likely that
Bing offset should be adjusted, maybe relative to a coherent set of
"older" streets in the center, assuming that maybe a local mapper had
been able to have them better referenced, maybe using GPS traces that
were not uploaded. (These are many "maybes", and just a quick guess
without having looked closely at the data. Anyway, it should be in OSM
"best practices" to start with adjusting the imagery offset to existing
data, before tracing from it - unless one has a good reason to think
that the existing OSM data itself was offset).

Many thanks to all those who helped and are still helping. I see that
building are also starting to appear. You are awesome!

Best,

Jean-Guilhem

gpg 0x5939EAE2