[HOT] Fwd: 2011-10-23 10:41:21 (M 7.3) EASTERN TURKEY 38.6 43.5(378fb)

Shu Higashi s_higash at mua.biglobe.ne.jp
Tue Oct 25 01:31:38 BST 2011

Hi, Pierre
Sorry for my poor English.

2011/10/25, Pierre Béland <infosbelas-gps at yahoo.fr>:
> Higashi showed on 2011-10-24  18:20:19
> a map of the railway line in Van from Potlatch2.

My screenshot.
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/File:Offset_van_turkey.png

> Without applying any offset to the Bing Imagery, I obtain a different map in
> both Potlatch2 and JOSM. The roads, the railway and the building over the
> railway are apparently properly aligned.
>
> See map from Pottlatch2 at the following url :
> http://pierzen.dev.openstreetmap.org/hot/railway-van-turkey.jpg

Yes. your screenshot shows that roads and buildings arecorrectly aligned.
But, when I showed a GPS trace (water color) it's slightly off toward
South East.
So I adjusted background imagery railway onto GPS trace using
Potlatch2 toward South East. (My screenshot)
Then, Roads, buildings and a railway need adjustment toward South East
slightly.

Shu Higashi