[HOT] Mapping Bissau landuse

Frédéric Bonifas fredericbonifas at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 17:40:47 BST 2011

Hi all,

The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is currently
investigating the use of OSM for the capital of the Guinea-Bissau :
Bissau ( http://osm.org/go/ayD5fhs )
The idea is to assess the landuse in this city thanks to OSM data.

Given the current state of the city in OSM, I think we can manage to do it !

Interesting features for this project would be :
* highways
* landuse
* buildings

Bing aerial imagery is available over this place with an excellent resolution.
In addition, a recent image by SPOT (April 2011) is available, but no
WMS is yet set up. Is anyone interested to do this ?

Additional data on the buildings (POIs) should be added later by ICRC
people on the ground.

I am currently setting up a wiki page with details :
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/WikiProject_Guinea-Bissau

Thanks to all those who want to get involved !

Best

Fred

--
Frédéric Bonifas