[HOT] Mapping Bissau landuse

andrzej zaborowski balrogg at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 17:56:48 BST 2011

2011/9/13 Frédéric Bonifas <fredericbonifas at gmail.com>:
> Hi all,
>
> The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is currently
> investigating the use of OSM for the capital of the Guinea-Bissau :
> Bissau ( http://osm.org/go/ayD5fhs )
> The idea is to assess the landuse in this city thanks to OSM data.
>
> Given the current state of the city in OSM, I think we can manage to do it !
>
> Interesting features for this project would be :
> * highways
> * landuse
> * buildings
>
> Bing aerial imagery is available over this place with an excellent resolution.
> In addition, a recent image by SPOT (April 2011) is available, but no
> WMS is yet set up. Is anyone interested to do this ?

I've set up the WMS for this image for use in the editors.  The image
contains 4 color bands (incl. infra-red) and we've settled on a
mapping which is not natural but seems good for landuse tracing, after
consulting with Frederic.

For JOSM please use this url:
http://wms.openstreetmap.pl/?LAYERS=gbissau-spot-2011&FORMAT=image/png&service=WMS&request=GetMap&VERSION=1.1.1&

(it works if you use the "Rectified Image..." option in the Imagery
menu and paste the link, or you can add it to the wms list if you
prepend the url with "wms:")

Cheers