[HOT] Help Test the New Tasking Server

Ed Loach ed at loach.me.uk
Tue Sep 20 08:55:04 BST 2011

Kate wrote:

> HOT has a new website to organize tasks.  Could you help us test
it?

> Right now the task that is up is to help digitize imagery of
Padang
> that we bought.  We'll be adding other tasks soon.
>
> http://tasks.hotosm.org/job/2

I like the look of it, but unlocked the tile I was offered. It looks
like someone is already surveying that area manually based on the
level of detail recorded for the existing buildings, e.g.

I didn't feel me tracing the remaining buildings would help them see
how far they had progressed, and might even discourage further work
on their part.

They haven't yet added the roads around those buildings though;
should we add those as highway=road (so it needs verifying what
classification it is), or guess at highway=residential, or some
other value? There was one highway=unclassified/source=gps already
passing through the area I was offered. JOSM link is:
http://127.0.0.1:8111/load_and_zoom?left=100.36011&bottom=-0.88436&r
ight=100.3656&top=-0.87887

Ed