[HOT] international borders and disputed areas

Pierre Béland infosbelas-gps at yahoo.fr
Sat Sep 24 19:23:13 BST 2011

On 2011-08-17  10:17:04, Mikel Maron wrote :
> This might be a useful resource for us ... State Department has released their borders and disputed area files.
> I'm told the Asia file is up to date, and the other is being worked on now.

> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Potential_Datasources#US_State_Dept.2C_International_Boundary_Depiction_.26_Sovereignty_Issues
>

> They also supplied a border for South Sudan, which is more accurate than the current border, and represents the disputes.

> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/WikiProject_SouthSudan

The wiki page https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/WikiProject_SouthSudan refers to UNOSAT counties file for South Sudan as a source of information to trace the border. But it is said that we are uncertain of UNOSAT data license. Does anybody have contacted the UNOSAT contact person for Geospatial data to discuss about this?

Pierre Béland