[HOT] international borders and disputed areas

Mikel Maron mikel_maron at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 24 21:06:39 BST 2011

The wiki page https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/WikiProject_SouthSudan refers
to UNOSAT counties file for South Sudan as a source of information to trace
the border. But it is said that we are uncertain of UNOSAT data license.
Does anybody have contacted the UNOSAT contact person for Geospatial data to
discuss about this?

>Pierre Béland

Pierre, the UNOSAT data has not been used to make the present border in OSM. Rather, someone traced the CIA maps.

We can use the State Department data, it is public domain and more accurate.