[HOT] Mali

nicolas chavent nicolas.chavent at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 13:07:21 BST 2012

Hey all,

Greets from Haiti where I'll still be until the end of this week on this
mapping project in Saint Marc (Haiti). The situation in Mali is evolving
rapidly as one can see from the News and from reports on UNOCHA Relief web
Mali <http://reliefweb.int/country/mli>. We got there a coup, de facto a
secession of the Northern part of the country with large displacement
issues, the last two events developing on an already bad situation in terms
of food security in the overall African Sahel. I'll have a call tonight
with one Information Management person from OCHA to get further details
there. I'll try to get  ahold on reference gis data additional to what is
already listed in the OCHA Core Operational Dataset (COD) registry for
Mali<http://cod.humanitarianresponse.info/country-region/mali>.
Minimally improving upon baseline data for major cities quoties in the
above report shall be of help for responders already active in those areas.
I'll revert to the list with further details from the call. And leave us
guys deciding if moving forward, how and how to best handle this complex
emergency where conflicts and food crisis are mixed

Nico

--
Nicolas Chavent
Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team