[HOT] Problems for boundary objects

Emir Hartato emir.hartato at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 06:29:43 BST 2012

Hello guys,

You might already know that we have mapping project here in Jakarta
http://hot.openstreetmap.org/updates/Jakarta_best_community_mapped_for_preparedness
So we have a problem regarding the administration boundaries.

First,  as you can see that we have existing boundaries on OSM, but we want
to clean up that and upload the new one that we've been fixing it offline
until now (only boundaries, no other OSM data). And tomorrow we're gonna
have big chunk of fixed administration boundary data all over Jakarta, do
you know the best way to upload it through JOSM? Should we upload it the
whole Jakarta or we uploaded it by divide it into parts?

Second, should we merge the nodes for the each boundaries? And if we did
that, if we want to download part of administration level, does all
relation will be downloaded too?

Cheers and thank you!

--
*Best Regards,*