[HOT] Re : Mali

nicolas chavent nicolas.chavent at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 03:03:53 BST 2012

Nate, Pierre,

Thanks Nate for sharing those elements.

As for trying to improve upon OSM coverage (towns and roads as per AOIs),
Lars Bromley (UNITAR/UNOSAT) suggested to check the OrbView-3 images
available from USGS via earthexplorer.usgs.gov. (1 meter resolution and
 compatible with the OSM license).

Pierre, I agree with the import work focusing on Places and admin.

It would be important as well to start documenting those resources and
discussion in a Mali wiki-page.

Nico

Nicolas Chavent
Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team