[HOT] Including natural hazards in the HOSM data model?

Eric Lovell eric.j.lovell at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 19:43:01 BST 2012

By assuming that the 'average person' is unable to collect relevant hazard
information, are we not claiming that only empirical top-down information
should be considered? Shouldn't place-based knowledge systems be the most
relevant systems for place-based hazards...that is "things that are on the
ground"? Isn't this counter intuitive to initiatives to 'democratize' data?

I have no input as to whether this type of information should be
incorporated into OSM. I think both Kate and Stéphane have valid points.
Just food for thought.

Best,

Eric