[HOT] Launching the OSM Tajikistan Wikiproject page - Who's in?

Stéphane Henriod s at henriod.info
Sat Apr 7 16:12:12 BST 2012

Dear all,

just dropping a line to let you know that I have started the Tajiistan
project wikipage<http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/WikiProject_Tadjikistan>.
There is no current big emergency to map this country, unlike Mali or
Haiti, but natural and man-made catastrophes are very likely to happen
there one day or the other, so let's try to be prepared! Also, it is
probably one of the least mapped countries on OSM, so still a long road
ahead! In particular, have a look at the GBAO region (roughly the eastern
half of the country, bordering Kyrgyzstan, China and Afghanistan): only the
provincial capital (Khorog) and the main roads and rivers are more or less
mapped... Almost no village and very few other roads.

Should anyone be interested to participate in the mapping (in a "non-rush"
mode), please contribute to the wiki, so that we can build a list of
contributors and discuss the challenge of data sources...

Wish you all a nice week-end!

Stéphane
--
"Le mot progrès n'aura aucun sens tant qu'il y aura des enfants malheureux"
-- Albert Einstein

"A journey does not need reasons. Before long, it proves to be reason
enough in itself. One thinks that one is going to make a journey, yet soon
it is the journey that makes or unmakes you." -- Nicolas Bouvier

Photos de voyages, photos de montagne: http://www.henriod.info