[HOT] Tasking Manager - Un-gridded jobs

Pierre GIRAUD pierre.giraud at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 08:35:33 BST 2012

Hi all,

Last past days I worked on the tasking server to try out a new feature
I have thinking about for a while now.
Instead of having predefined square tiles, I thought it would be more
efficient if contributors can draw the area they want to work on.
The benefits are (supposed to be):
 - it should be easier for users to do the task in the given 2 hours,
 - one can take a larger task where the density of features to map is lesser,
 - there should be less conflicts between two adjacent tasks.

I intend to add automatic cropping of the drawn area by the already
existing polygons. It already works for the job's area. You can try it
by drawing a polygon which straddles the job's limits,

Please give it a try and send any feedback.

Thanks,
Pierre