[HOT] Miinutes of the 2nd Training Working Group

Pierre Béland infosbelas-gps at yahoo.fr
Tue Apr 10 21:22:45 BST 2012

Since the last meeting, some content was added to the wiki page of the project.

Today, we had te second Training Working Group meeting. You will find at the bottom of this message the link to the log of this meeting.

Here is a brief summary of the discussion.
In  the Audience for Types of training, a Personas table describes various audiences and their needs.
Suggestion is made to  add to this table a category for new mappers in developing countries, working with slow/intermittent internet connections, working without GPS recievers, etc.
This subject should be developped more deeply on the wiki page (ie. Context and approaches such as Walking Papers, OsmBugs Tools etc).
Current sources and Materials on the wiki page should be completed to.
We should also look at what training manuals and packets of manuals need to be created.
More videos and screencasts are identified to be on the top of the needs list. Tools exist to add text over existing videos or to translate to other languages.see Universalsubtitles.org
We plan to have the next meeting on Tuesday April 24 at 15:00 GMT (11:00 EST).Until Then, we should complete the desciption of what is available.  At the next meeting, we could discuss at how we could package these resources. When a major activation arise, me must be able to gather remote mappers rapidly. And Training is essential for that. We need insights from people having various experiences. Even if you could not particpate to the meeting, we invite you to contribute ideas or resources,  to update the wiki content. Pierre
Wiki page of the project http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Humanitarian_OSM_Team/Working_groups/Training
IRC log of MeetingsApril 10 http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Humanitarian_OSM_Team/Working_groups/Training/Apr_10_2012_NotesFeb 2 http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Humanitarian_OSM_Team/Working_groups/Training/Feb_02_2012_Notes