[HOT] 3rd Activation Working Group meeting - Thu 12 Apr 1400 GMT

Tim McNamara paperless at timmcnamara.co.nz
Sat Apr 14 22:50:12 BST 2012

I wont be able to attend as New Zealand lives at an awkward time zone
for these sort of things, but just wanted to say: This is great.

My thoughts: don't worry too much on trigger levels. Volunteerism has
its own glass floor that must be reached before people will
contribute. That is, if you call "Activate!" and no one shows up, your
trigger was too low. Therefore, rather than having strict response
levels, it can be preferable to notify the community of an event. If
HOT then reaches some quorum, then offer assistance.