[HOT] Activation working group

tim timothieb at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 18:29:23 BST 2012

Hoping to join the call tomorrow - but have not be able to connect the
last two times I tried to get onto the #hot IRC channel for calls. It
just hangs.

Regardless here is some food for thought.

1. In our emergency response agency you could categorize our
activation / plan guidance into two groups: the first group guidance
is specifc to incidents of a certain type e.g. an earthquake
activation, a heat wave activation, a flood activation; the second
group is specific to operations / response needs e.g.debris clearance,
evacuation, food distribution - which could be triggered by a range of
different incidents and can be pulled off the shelf, mixed and matched
- a more modular approach.

2. You may have seen the message below from the crisis mappers list
already but thought I would attach it for anyone who didn't.

Tim