[HOT] Tasking Manager - Un-gridded jobs

Pierre GIRAUD pierre.giraud at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 19:22:55 BST 2012

I have been owning a mac for 1 week now, and I don't have any problem
drawing a polygon. The OpenLayers default way to draw features is
different from the one of JOSM though.
Something that is probably not obvious: you need to click on the "draw" button.
Sorry, the UX is really bad for now.

Some comments below.

On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 8:08 PM, Kate Chapman <kate at maploser.com> wrote:
> Hi Pierre G,
>
> I'm unable to figure out how to draw.  I'm using Chrome w/OSX.
>
> In my experience sometimes there are weird issues between Mac and
> other systems. Or I'm just missing something obvious.
>
> Additionally would it be possible to have a couple additional settings
> for the admins:
>
> 1. Set the max size that someone can take at a time?  Just to prevent
> someone from checking everything out.

Would something like max ratio between the task and job areas be a
good way to check it?

> 2. A way for someone to just ask for a random area as well.  There are
> a lot of people that don't actually want to pick somewhere to work.

Hum. I need to think a bit a more about it.
I really like the idea that user draw the area he wants to work on.
Contributors are mappers right?
Maybe, admin users can draw areas to be randomly picked.

> -Kate
>
> On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 5:36 PM, Pierre GIRAUD <pierre.giraud at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Ooups, I forgot to give the url of the dev server.
>> http://tasks-dev.hotosm.org/job/2
>>
>> My bad.
>>
>> On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 11:24 PM, Pierre Béland <infosbelas-gps at yahoo.fr> wrote:
>>> Pierre
>>>
>>> I dont understand your instructions for selecting a block.
>>>
>>> If I maintain mouse down, with or without combination with other keys,
>>> I only navigate or zoom in the map.
>>>

>>> Pierre

>>> De : Pierre GIRAUD
>>> Date/heure : 2012-04-10  03:36:13
>>> A : HOT Openstreetmap
>>> Cc :
>>> Sujet : [HOT] Tasking Manager - Un-gridded jobs
>>>
>>> I intend to add automatic cropping of the drawn area by the already
>>> existing polygons. It already works for the job's area. You can try it
>>> by drawing a polygon which straddles the job's limits,