[HOT] 3rd Activation Working Group meeting - Thu 12 Apr 1400 GMT

Schuyler Erle schuyler at nocat.net
Sat Apr 14 20:32:45 BST 2012

On Apr 14, 2012, at 2:49 PM, Kate Chapman wrote:

> Do you have an update from the meeting?  Meaning is there something
> those that did not attend but want to help could do?
>
> You mentioned editing the wiki.  Is that this page here or are there
> others? http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/HOT_activation

Kate, thanks for following up. The meeting log, thanks to Séverin, is here:

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Humanitarian_OSM_Team/Working_groups/Activation/meeting_2012-04-12

We spent the meeting discussing how to formally describe different kinds of HOT responses to crisis situations, including the distinction between "response" (any volunteer doing something in response to a crisis) and "activation" (a formal set of responses by the organization, initiated by specific and defined triggers).

We are still filling out the response descriptions at the bottom of this page:

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Humanitarian_OSM_Team/Working_groups/Activation/Template

This process is going very slowly; more volunteers would really be a boon right now.

Alternately, if someone wants to propose a more efficient way of laying out HOT's capacities in a methodical fashion, I am all ears. Thanks!

SDE