[HOT] Senegal - Dakar Flooding Activation

andrzej zaborowski balrogg at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 15:07:17 BST 2012

On 31 August 2012 15:45, pavithran <pavithran.s at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On a more fundamental tagging point. The screenshot Pavi gives below shows
>> roads which seem to be unpaved. This seems to be typical throughout most of
>> Dakar's residential areas. They should probably be mapped as
>> highway=residential, which is what most people are doing  ....but not
>> everyone. :-/
>
> Hey what about the roads which are not even visible and are very
> narrow . Skora tagged them as paths . I also tagged few as paths . But
> I am sticking to residential for 99 % of visible roads . But the roads
> on the borders of these empty spaces are always confusing .. are they
> just paths or residential roads ?

I've seen some places where everything was tagged as track.  Since
those are residential areas, I replaced some with highway=residential
+ surface=unpaved (based on colour in the imagery).  In some cases of
really narrow, hardly visible streets or deep inside a residential
area I've used living_street because I assume pedestrians or children
playing football use them more often than cars.

Cheers