[HOT] Senegal - Dakar Flooding Activation

pavithran pavithran.s at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 14:45:17 BST 2012

On 31 August 2012 17:56, Harry Wood <mail at harrywood.co.uk> wrote:
> I was imagining them to be like quite like town squares / piazzas, so I went
> with the accepted tagging approach for these: highway=pedestrian, area=yes

yeah seen them . you encroached upon my working area and lol there
were some conflicts thanks to both of us working on same area :D

> Maybe it's not quite right, because we see cars parked in some of them. I
> draw roads (highway=residential) along the edges of the area (in addition to
> and overlapping the area way) which means car routing will still work
> alright.  I also used landuse=wasteland for larger outlying patches.
Senagal kids wont like you tagging their playgrounds as wastelands :D
. Also as skora was telling they might be community centres !

> On a more fundamental tagging point. The screenshot Pavi gives below shows
> roads which seem to be unpaved. This seems to be typical throughout most of
> Dakar's residential areas. They should probably be mapped as
> highway=residential, which is what most people are doing  ....but not
> everyone. :-/

Hey what about the roads which are not even visible and are very
narrow . Skora tagged them as paths . I also tagged few as paths . But
I am sticking to residential for 99 % of visible roads . But the roads
on the borders of these empty spaces are always confusing .. are they
just paths or residential roads ?

Regards,
Pavithran