[HOT] Building Counter App

Yohan Boniface yohanboniface at free.fr
Sun Dec 9 17:02:16 GMT 2012

Hi Kate (and all :) ),

Being at bed with a throat infection, I had some time to have a look. ;)
Regarding your request, I see two problems:
- the code fetch the data from the API (which has size limitations)
- it parses the whole DOM on the fly to calculate the users list
So, making a reporter site for all the Indonesia sounds not trivial in
my point of view. And certainly too much time consumer in regard of my
actual availability (being very busy on "youmap project" -
http://youmap.fluv.io/).
Anyway, I have quickly setted an instance, and hacked it to be able to
pass a bbox parameter, so you can play with it (with small areas ;) ).
For example:
http://reporter.fluv.io/?bbox=106.78334,-6.15001,106.81038,-6.09046

Note that this server is a dev server, so not very powerful, and
sometimes down for works.

If the bbox mode seems useful, it will not take that much time for me to
clean my hack and make a pull request to Tim. Also, displaying the map
directly instead of using an iframe could allow to add an option for
calculating the bbox from the current map view.

Yohan