[HOT] Re : RDC-Congo Pre-Activation : Lac Kivu

Pierre Béland infosbelas-gps at yahoo.fr
Tue Dec 11 19:29:12 GMT 2012

Thanks Andrew,

These will be usefull to add POI's.  The Bukavu map is well detailed with POI's and street names. Goma map is less informative since it has no street names.

For peaks, I usually look at OpenCycle map in JOSM. This also help to understand in which direction the rivers are flowing. But I am not sure that OpenCycle imagery is well aligned with Bing imagery.
There are also many POI's with source_ref=www.rgc.cd.  I contacted a person related to this site to see if there is more information to import from their database (license=ODbl).

Pierre