[HOT] Re : RDC-Congo Pre-Activation : Lac Kivu

Michael Krämer ohrosm at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 09:12:27 GMT 2012

Hello Pierre,

2012/12/11 Pierre Béland <infosbelas-gps at yahoo.fr>

> There are also many POI's with source_ref=www.rgc.cd.  I contacted a
> person related to this site to see if there is more information to import
> from their database (license=ODbl).

Some time ago I worked with the datasets from RGC. At that time I created a
summary of the datasets on
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Talk:WikiProject_Congo-Kinshasa. I don't
know if you have already seen this list which could serve as a basis for
further work with the datasets. Also I don't know if the data currently
available on www.rgc.cd has been updated or is still the same. The site
went through a number of modifications over time and I think not all of the
datasets listed in the wiki page are currently available on the website.
But I have copies of the old datasets available.

I guess that even the less accurate parts of the data from RGC could now be
somewhat valuable when combined with the much better coverage with
high-resolution Bing imagery.

Michael (user Ohr)