[HOT] Tell Your Story (FOSS4G Buenos Aires 2013)

Severin MENARD severin.menard at gmail.com
Sun Dec 23 11:17:51 GMT 2012

Hi Fernando,

I live in Salvador, Bahia, Brazil and I have been involved in HOT for
almost two years, both remotely and in the field (Haiti, Kenya, Central
African Republic). FOSS4G in Buenos Aires could be a great opportunity to
meet the other HOT people from South America and organize workshops,
discussion apart the general presentation. What would be possible,
considering the timeline and room capacity of the event?

Sincerely

Severin
Skype ID: severin.menard

http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/hot/attachments/20121217/8cb9260c/attachment-0001.html

> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 4
> Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2012 21:38:20 +0000 (GMT)
> From: Pierre B?land <infosbelas-gps at yahoo.fr>
> To: HOT Openstreetmap <hot at openstreetmap.org>
> Subject: Re: [HOT] RD Congo Activation for the North and South Kivus
>
> RDC Humanitaire, a french net-media in DR Congo, is a cluster of
information about humanitarian action in the country. Following the HOT
Activation for the North and South Kivus yesterday, they published today a
paper about this Activation.

> see http://www.rdc-humanitaire.net/
> We also have reports that humanitarian NGO's on the ground and OCHA local
officers are pleased with the reactivity of HOT to map the areas around Lac
Kivu. To move on and help the 100,000 people displaced, the humanitarian
NGO's need maps to better assess the sitution and are supporting HOT for
obtaining Satellite imagery through International Charter.

> The International Charter Space & Major Disasters is an international
collaboration among space agencies. This system has been activated for more
than 300 disasters in over 100 countries since 2000 to provide Imagery for
human relief. In this context, we have presenlty discussions with OCHA and
UNITAR.? The Spatial Agencies that can respond to our request have yet to
be identified.

> In the meantime, contributors are invited to complete the tasks that are
ungoing for this Humanitarian Activation.

http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/hot/attachments/20121217/fd0e39cd/attachment.html