[HOT] odbl non-agreement and humanitarian exceptions.

Larry O'Neill larryoneill at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 15:23:10 GMT 2012

Hi All,

Apologies for any overlap in recipients for this - I very rarely post to
mailing lists, so I am not sure how wide a net for this issue would be
appropriate.

There was a discussion on the #osm irc channel recently about the
possibility of approaching non-agreers to the new CT about any data they
may have contributed to areas where the removal of such data could have a
negative effect on our humanitarian efforts.
Looking for example at how much data we stand to lose in Haiti, this is
something that may limit the difficulty of those that are on the ground in
these places and struggling to remap.

The possibility of haing a bounding box around areas such as these was
mentioned - and there is aparantly a precedent for a users data within a BB
being retained.

Any thoughts, comments, or points?

Thanks,
Larry O'Neill