[HOT] Meeting with WB about MapMaker?

Iván Sánchez Ortega ivan at sanchezortega.es
Thu Feb 2 18:37:45 GMT 2012

Hi all,

A news item got my attention a few minutes ago:

http://techpresident.com/news/21709/google-world-bank-deal-ask-too-much-crowd

Quote:

«Aleem Walji, practice manager of the World Bank's innovation practice, said
Thursday that he would be sitting down with people from [...] the open-source
mapping group OpenStreetMap to discuss a partnership between the bank and
Google that would see the search giant's Google Map Maker tool put to use in
developing countries.»

I'm wondering if they refer to someone from the OSM Foundation, or someone
from HOT. I'd love to see some feedback regarding this issue over this
mailing list.

Best,
--
Iván Sánchez Ortega <ivan at sanchezortega.es> <ivan at geonerd.org>