[HOT] Updates in Indonesia

Kate Chapman kate at maploser.com
Wed Feb 29 09:09:53 GMT 2012

Hey Everyone,

I have some updates about HOT's work in Indonesia.

Today I presented an update/overview to some people at BNPB
(Indonesia's National Disaster Agency), I've put my slides up(1).
There is some additional information in there about the amount of
mapping done so far as well as the preliminary results of the academic
evaluation of the data collected during the University contest (the
results are the data has not significant difference from traditional
data sources).

Also we are about to embark on a month long mapping event in Jakarta
in March, there is more information about that on HOT's blog(2).

Best,

-Kate

(1) http://www.slideshare.net/wonderchook/community-mapping-using-openstreetmap-in-indonesia-feb-update
(2) http://hot.openstreetmap.org/updates/Jakarta_best_community_mapped_for_preparedness