[HOT] Rectified imagery of post flooding in Norther Mindanao, Philippines in relief warper

hyances at gmail.com hyances at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 13:23:32 GMT 2012

Hi Maning, in Colombia we are using humanitarian tag:

flood_prone = yes
or
flood_prone = "tag info"

San Estanislao de Koska
http://osm.arkemie.org/ousm/colombia/relief.html?zoom=15&lat=10.3978&lon=-75.14762&layers=00B00TFFF

Manatí
http://osm.arkemie.org/ousm/colombia/relief.html?zoom=14&lat=10.43431&lon=-74.94335&layers=00B00TFFF

For "tag info" we describe at least flood date, so evidence is explicit
over years coming.  This way we get information for risk management and
population learning.

Andrés Calderón developed a methodology to get flood prone using Landsat
and Modis (in progress) Nasa imagery.
http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=es&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=es&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fandressinmiedo.blogspot.com%2F2011%2F07%2Freportando-zonas-propensas-inundaciones.html&act=url

Hope this could help and appreciate your comments,

Humberto Yances