[HOT] Mapping Party at Royal Holloway University

Weber, Patrick p.weber at ucl.ac.uk
Sun Jan 22 16:34:07 GMT 2012

Dear All

Dr Catherine Jones (Kate) and myself are organising a mapping party on the Royal Holloway Campus, Egham on the 1st of February. This is organised as part of a 'Introduction to GIS' course week for the Msc in Sustainable Development.

I know this is rather late notice, but I hope that some of the local OSM community members would like and be able to participate, as was the case last year at UCL's Mapping Party. This worked really well, in terms of support and support for newbies. We thought that we would again focus on accessibility as a subject to map for the students, given the campus is pretty well mapped already.

We have the whole day in principle, but can keep the morning to a general introduction to OSM and mapping, with the mapping party starting after their lunchbreak. I will print out walking papers for cake slices for the campus, and Student groups would go out collecting data, and reconvene a couple of hours later to directly put the information collected using Potlatch2 into OSM.

Also, the focus of the whole week will be on GIS applications for Health and Humanitarian Mapping. It  would be great if someone from HOT could participate as well to present their activities?

Cheers
Patrick

---
Dr. Patrick Weber: Teaching Fellow in GIS
Department of Civil, Environmental & Geomatic Engineering
University College London (UCL)
Gower St. London WC1E 6BT
T: +44 (0) 2076793417
M: +44 (0) 7854840450