[HOT] Safer Padang Map

Harry Wood mail at harrywood.co.uk
Thu Jan 26 10:00:44 GMT 2012

Welcome!
Yes there's absolutely no need to ask for permission to do that!

(If you didn't already do so) create an account on OpenStreetMap.org and run through the beginners guide or maybe this guide: http://en.flossmanuals.net/openstreetmap/  to learn a bit about using the editors, and just go ahead and try it!

(If you didn't already do so.) Head to http://tasks.hotosm.org/ and try acquiring some tasks, and working on some building mapping in Pedang. This is still an important task, and we need to make more progress with it and promote this activity more

If you want to help in with other aspects (more or less technical aspects) this should be generally done with a good understanding of how basic OpenStreetMap mapping works. The above steps to get started are the most sensible way to get a feel for everything, even if you want to contribute in other ways.

But maybe you know all this, and did all this already.  In which case there's many ways you can help with more techy skills.

Anyone any good at making screencasts? I was suggesting last night that we could do with a screencast video tutorial on using the hot tasking server to help people get going with this Pedang mapping.

Harry