[HOT] Mapping Walikale - DRC

Frédéric Bonifas fredericbonifas at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 01:11:07 GMT 2012

Hi Rafael,

2012/1/30 Rafael Avila Coya <ravilacoya at gmail.com>:
> In my opinion, ways are far from finished. I've been mapping a tile in
> SW Wakikale, and I've seen what I think are inconsistencies in the tags
> to many ways. For example, ways that give service to 3-4 dwellings
> shouldn't be tagged as unclassified. I would tag them as service or
> residential (better service IMHO).

I think that is exactly why this is great to have several mappers
working on the same area : there is no mapping convention for this
country, we are mapping remotely, so mistakes are of course done. But
other people reviews can help to improve it.
If road classification do not seem corrdct to you, please do not
hesitate to change this

> Then I see another ways inside the
> town as track. If a way is just for people, then it should be tagged as
> footway, I think. So all of these needs a lot of review.

The same, it is really hard to see with this imagery if a road is
passable for pedestrians, motorbikes or four-wheel vehicles.
If a road is passable for motorbikes, I think "track" is better than
"footway", but no way for now to know if this is the truth on the
ground.

Best

Frédéric