[HOT] Recommendations for cheap "passive GPS trackers" / vehicle mountable GPS loggers?

Julio Costa Zambelli julio.costa at openstreetmap.cl
Fri Mar 2 12:17:20 GMT 2012

Hello Nicolas,

My experience with the Holux data loggers (http://goo.gl/oRCpa [USD51]
and http://goo.gl/hdWSh [USD56]) sold at DealExtreme is quite good.

With a 170,000~200,000 points memory, you can configure them to
register every two seconds (more than reasonable), and that means
94~111 hours of recording.

About the precision factor, in my opinion they have the same behaviour
that most GPS receivers (including the etrex that we also use), the
more time you stay still during the satellite fixing process, the
better the track will be. The M-1000C has no "POI button" but it has a
bigger antenna and battery, so I prefer it.

Regards,

Julio Costa Zambelli
OpenStreetMap Chile

julio.costa at openstreetmap.cl

http://www.openstreetmap.cl/
Cel: +56(9)89981083
Postal: Casilla 9002, Correo 3, Viña del Mar, Chile