[HOT] Computer Lab Tech Ideas. Haiti.

Joseph Reeves iknowjoseph at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 14:29:11 GMT 2012

Hi Brian,

I see you've got a number of replies already, but I thought I'd chime
in briefly. My original thought would be to use a Ubuntu desktop on
every machine you're running (and to provide virtual machines to any
guests or visitors you might have) and run the standard HOT tools from
that. For system management and deployment I would use Puppet; I've
used it extensively and am a big fan, Wikipedia have also made a
recent noise about their use of it.

I've pre-ordered a Raspberry Pi and will be testing it by network
booting a Ubuntu image with the standard HOT tools. The goals of the
Raspberry Pi foundation are potentially very relevant to HOT and I
look forward to seeing how low cost, low resources, computing may
impact OSM creation and dissemination.

All best, Joseph